Department of Mechanical Engineering
“To prepare students for rapidly changing needs of mechanical engineering field by implementing excellent technical education practices.”
- To accomplish rapidly changing technical diversity of mechanical engineering through excellent teaching learning process.
- To cater excellent skills in students for sustainable empowerment.
- To develop human, socio-ethical values and entrepreneurship skills among Mechanical engineering students.
The PEOs of the Program are:
PEO1: To identify, formulate and solve problems through the application of mathematics, science and engineering principles and techniques.
PEO2: To demonstrate technical competency in the areas of mechanical engineering processes, systems and technologies by exposing them to the latest technology.
PEO3: To adopt ethical attitude and exhibit effective skills in communication, management, teamwork and leadership qualities.
PEO4: To design and develop mechanical systems that meet specifications in the context of economic, environmental, and societal requirements.
PEO5: To apply knowledge in the application of mechanical engineering principles and invoke the desire for continuing education, research, creativity and professional development.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- Basic knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, software tools and an engineering specialization to the solution of engineering problems.
- Discipline Knowledge: Identify Mechanical Engineering problems, analyze/formulate/ design and provide a solution for them.
- Experiments and Practices: Plan to perform experiments and practices to use the results to solve broad-based Mechanical engineering problems.
- Engineering Tools: Ability to technical skills & modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices.
- Engineers and Society: Assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to practice in field of Mechanical engineering.
- Environment and Sustainability: Apply Mechanical engineering solutions for sustainable development practices in societal and environmental contexts.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the mechanical engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary teams.
- Communication: Communicate effectively both in written & oral form.
- Life-long Learning: Engage in independent and life-long learning activities in the context of technological changes also in the Mechanical engineering and allied industry.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- PSO1: To work professionally in industries or as an entrepreneur by applying manufacturing and management practices.
- PSO2: Design mechanical systems and processes to satisfy the need of society and industry.