Department of Civil Engineering
Department Vision:“To provide qualified civil manpower to develop smart infrastructure for socio-economic growth and fulfillment of societal needs to foster the prosperity of our nation.”
- To impart quality education to raise satisfaction level of all stake holders.
- To provide civil engineers with technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To provide opportunities for developing leadership quality, environmental awareness and social responsibilities.
The PEOs of the programme are:
PEO1: Solve real-life engineering problems exhibiting a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals.
PEO2: Analyze, design and use skills in order to solve civil engineering problems.
PEO3: Provide solutions to Civil engineering related problems adapting social, environmental and professional ethics.
PEO4: Adapt civil engineering broad-based technologies to work effectively in multidisciplinary work environments and engage in lifelong learning.
PEO5: Exhibit strong communication, interpersonal and management skills as leaders and contributors in the civil engineering profession.
- Basic knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences, and engineering appropriate to civil engineering.
- Discipline Knowledge: Apply civil engineering knowledge to solve broad-based civil engineering problems.
- Experiments and Practices: Plan to perform experiments and practices to use the results to solve broad-based civil engineering problems.
- Engineering Tools: Use current trends and techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
- Engineers and Society: Assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to practices in Civil engineering.
- Environment and Sustainability: Apply Civil engineering solutions necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in environmental and societal context.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of civil engineering practices.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diversified / multi-disciplinary team.
- Communication: Communicate through both the written medium and oral presentation.
- Life-long Learning: Engage in independent and life-long learning activities in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Provide sustainable solutions to the Civil Engineering Problems.
- PSO2: Prepare detailed drawings, cost estimates, reports and execute construction works.