Department of Computer Engineering
“To contribute to the nation by imparting information technology based quality technical education.”
- To provide excellent computer engineering education with high values through continuous teaching learning practices.
- To induce ethical values and spirit of social commitment to reach the unreached.
- To evolve methods continuously to maintain computer advancements as well as acquire software knowledge to face new challenges.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO1: (Domain Knowledge) Implement knowledge of engineering fundamentals, for developing effective computing solutions by incorporating creativity and logical reasoning.
PEO2: (Core competency) Design, develop and test software based systems.
PEO3: (Society and Engineer) Assess the computing systems from the view point of quality, security, ethical, environmental and social issues.
PEO4: (Professional) Develop leadership skill and team work with effective communication and time management in the profession.
PEO5: (Lifelong learning) Engage in lifelong learning and career enhancement for successful adaptation to technological changes.
- Basic knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, sciences and basic engineering to solve the broad-based Computer engineering problem.
- Discipline Knowledge: An ability to apply Computer engineering specific knowledge to solve core Computer engineering problems.
- Experiments & Practices: An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Engineering Tools: An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for Engineering practices.
- Engineer & Society: Develop the awareness about social, ethical, health safety, and cultural issues along with related responsibility in computer engineering practices.
- Environment & Sustainability: An Ability to design a system, component .or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraint such as economic, environmental and sustainability.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practices.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diversified / multi-disciplinary team.
- Communication: Communicate effectively through written and oral modes to all levels of society.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Design the system by understanding principles, structures and methodologies in hardware, software, electrical and electronics engineering.
- PSO2: Analyze modern computer languages and software tools in software testing, hardware, networking and software engineering.
- PSO3: Apply the techniques of management, professional skills and standard practices of project to provide new ideas and innovations to computer field.